Those who subscribe to the Japanese philosophy of wabi-sabi believe there's no such thing as perfect. But this is the kind of breakfast that can be hastily thrown together yet looks so fancy that your 'overnight guest' will fall in love with you instantly. So I'd say it's pretty close.
Below is the recipe for my go-to – it's sweet and tangy and fortifying and fresh. If you can't get ahold of all the ingredients use whatever fruit/yogurt/cereal you have in the fridge or cupboard. Try to have a least one crunchy layer, though, to vary up the textures.
80ml Almond Milk
15g Chia Seeds
2.5ml Vanilla Extract
40g Coconut Yogurt
30g Granola / Qnola
30g Nut Butter
1. In a small bowl mix the chia seeds, almond milk, vanilla extract.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. In the morning, remove the chia mix from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature while you assemble the other ingredients.
3. Mash the raspberries with a fork – push through a sieve if you
don't like pips – and stir into the chia seed mix.
4. Place the chia/raspberry mix into a glass (or a jar if you intend to take it to work)
and then layer the other ingredients in the order listed above.
5. Top with fresh raspberries and a sprinkling of desiccated coconut.
1 Serving | 10 mins