Dissatisfied with overly-processed, pasteurised, additive-laden almond milk, longtime friends Chi-San Wan and Natali Stajcic founded The Pressery.
Together they hand-make 700 bottles of almond milk each week, using only the finest organic Spanish almonds, filtered water, and natural flavourings.
Former fashion stylist Chi kindly agreed to share her beauty and well-being secrets.
I’m not a fan of too much fuss, and like the simple things in life (in every which way possible - design, fashion, beauty), so I have been editing down the products I use and it’s always a bonus when you can use one product for many things.
1. Neal's Yard Rehydrating Rose Toner | £15.50 | nealsyardremedies.com
2. Glass Teapot | £16.99 | notonthehighstreet.com
3. Kjaer Weis Mascara | £32 | net-a-porter.com
4. Frank Coffee Scrub | from £11.95 | frankbody.co.uk
5. Ilia Tinted Moisturiser | £35 | naturisimo.com
6. Clear Spring Organic Sesame Oil | £5.79 | clearspring.co.uk
7. Dr Bronner's Organic Soap | £5.95 | feelunique.com
8. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler | £20 | shuuemura.co.uk
9. Raw Health Organic Coconut Oil | £3.99 | goodnessdirect.co.uk
10. Konjac Sponge | £7.99 | konjacspongecompany.com
11. RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek | £28 | naturisimo.com
12. Skin Brush | £7.95 | theorganicpharmacy.com
13. Pai BioRegenerate Rosehip Oil | £22 | paiskincare.com
14. Bobble Water Bottle | £9.99 | johnlewis.com
For cleansing my face I smear raw organic coconut oil all over and then wash it off with warm water and a Konjac sponge. I also use the coconut oil for moisturising my body and hair. Every other day I dry-brush my skin and in the shower I like to slather myself with Frank Coffee Scrub – including my face – and have a really good scrub. It smells delicious, and really makes you silky smooth. Otherwise, I just use Dr.Bronner’s Magic Soap in Rose. Morning and night, I spray my face with organic rose water, and then use Pai Rosehip Oil to dab on any scars I may have acquired. I tend to use more during the winter months.
On my face I use Ilia Tinted Moisturiser as a layer of sunscreen and to even out any unevenness in skin tone, RMS Beauty’s Lip2Cheek in Smile (a lovely coral shade), curl my eyelashes with Shu Uemura curlers, and, when I feel like it, Kjaer Weis Mascara, just to open my eyes up a bit.
I try and oil pull with cold-pressed organic sesame oil when I remember and have time (20mins!), usually at the weekend. You can seriously feel the difference. I always have a warm water and lemon first thing, followed by herbal tea and breakfast of some sort. I also try and incorporate some sauerkraut into my meals, and tend to eat a spoonful in the mornings like a supplement. We both have a Bobble with us at all times, so we try and drink as much filtered water as possible throughout the day. Green smoothies and juices play a huge part every week, as does dahl (made from whatever bone broth I have hanging out in the fridge or freezer), for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I try and eat a huge variety of vegetables and listen to what my body needs – sometimes it’s a piece of salmon or roast chicken, sometimes it’s tons of spinach, sometimes it’s a glass of red wine. I don't get too hung up about food, and I eat what I feel my body wants - luckily it’s mostly nourishing and/or tasty stuff!
I tend to walk really fast everywhere, so power walking a lot from place-to-place is a form of exercise for me, with sporadic classes of Ashtanga yoga thrown into the mix. Currently, my body feels like it needs tons of sleep, so I am trying to fit in 8-10 hours per night, whereas before I could operate on 6 hours only. This may change as the summer draws closer and weather gets warmer. It’s not called beauty sleep for nothing...